For those wanting to learn to play the Bagpipes…
The bagpipes are not an easy instrument to learn to play proficiently. Our experience is that learners are best to start sometime between the ages of 9 and 16 years old. Unfortunately we are not in a position to take on adult learners unless they have a strong musical background and can show an aptitude for this demanding instrument. This might include:
- you have already had chanter lessons and you can demonstrate good technique and potential
- you can demonstrate advanced musical skills and knowledge on one or more other instruments.
For adults who want to learn from scratch we recommend you contact one of the other non competitive pipe bands in the region. Contact details are:
- Bryan Mitchell (Cambridge): Email: email@example.com
- Brett McCardle (Raglan): Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lance Torrington (Te Awamutu): Email: email@example.com
Want to see us in person?
Our main Band practice is on Wednesday evenings from 5.30pm